AKC DNA Testing
AKC DNA testing is for purebred AKC registerable breeds only. AKC DNA Profiling is for parentage verification and genetic identity purposes only and does not take the place of AKC registration requirements.
AKC DNA testing DOES NOT determine the following:
- breed of the dog
- genetic health
- performance ability
- coat color
Prepaid DNA Test Kit (Non-refundable)
- Save $5 by prepaying for DNA Certification! Prepaid DNA Test Kits are $45 each — $5 off the regular price!. Kit includes all materials necessary to collect and submit a DNA sample from your dog for AKC DNA Certification. Each kit includes a uniquely numbered Sample Submission Form that MUST be returned with the dog's DNA sample
Regular AKC DNA Test Kit
- Payment of $50 per dog is due when the dog's DNA sample is submitted to the AKC. Kit includes all materials necessary to collect and submit a DNA sample from your dog for AKC DNA Certification.
- Please allow at least 10 business days for delivery.
- Please note, the DNA sample must be returned to the AKC (with the uniquely numbered Sample Submission Form if a prepaid DNA test kit) and entered into our DNA database before the dog meets the AKC registration requirements for Frequently Used Sires, Imported Breeding Stock, Conditional Registration and Frozen and Chilled Semen.
Please review the DNA section of our website prior to purchasing a nonrefundable kit: http://www.akc.org/dna/faq/.
DNA Test Kits
As a MY AKC Account User You Can:
- Use your My AKC login to conduct all of your business on AKC.org
- Streamline your visit on AKC.org
- View all your dogs in one convenient location
- Update your contact information on file with the AKC
- Subscribe to eNews
- View previously purchased active reports