2012 AKC/Eukanuba National Championship
The December 2012 AKC/Eukanuba National Championship will be held in Orlando, FL, on December 15 and 16, 2012.
Eligibility to enter the event is based on the Junior's accomplishments in the show ring and in the classroom.
The requirements are:
- Juniors must have 5 first place wins in an Open Class, with competition present. Wins must be earned between October 12, 2011 and October 10, 2012. Juniors must be under 18 years of age at the time of the wins. Age on the day of the show has no bearing.
- Juniors must have a grade point average of at least 3.0 or equivalent for the 2011- 2012 school year. GPA must be verified by an official school transcript or home school information sent in and received by AKC prior to the entry form being sent to the Junior.
Please submit official transcripts or home school information no later than October 23, 2012. Transcripts or home school information received AFTER October 23, 2012, WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED and no invitation/entry form will be sent. Transcripts may be sent as soon as the current semester ends. It is the Junior's responsibility to ensure that AKC has received all necessary documentation.
Please send to: AKC, 8051 Arco Corporate Dr, Suite 100, Raleigh, NC 27617-3390 Attn: Juniors.
- Dogs must conform to eligibility requirements as described in Conformation Junior Showmanship Regulations.
- A signed parental permission form must be retuned to the address listed above.
All Juniors entered will compete in Preliminary classes, in which a specified number of Juniors will be selected by the judges to compete in Finals. Placements are not made in the preliminary classes.
The December 2012 judges for Junior Showmanship are Mrs. Jan Swayze-Curry and Mrs. Karen Mammano (Preliminaries) and Mr. William P. Shelton will judge the Best Junior Finals.
- List of Juniors with 5 qualifying wins
- List of Juniors who have met both criteria
- Parental Permission Form
For questions regarding the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship, email Invitational@akc.org.
For questions regarding Junior Showmanship at the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship, email Juniors@akc.org.