All dogs 9 months of age or older from the following breeds are eligible to participate in Herding Events
Effective January 1, 2011 all dogs 6 months of age or older from the following breeds are eligible to participate in Herding Instinct Tests.
|AKC Recognized Breeds
- Australian Cattle Dog
- Australian Shepherd
- Bearded Collie
- Belgian Malinois
- Belgian Sheepdog
- Belgian Tervuren
- Bernese Mountain Dog (effective 7/1/10)
- Border Collie
- Bouviers des Flandres
- Boxers (effective 1/1/12 )
- Canaan Dog
- Cardigan Welsh Corgi
- Entlebucher Mountain Dog
- Finnish Lapphund (effective 1/1/09)
- German Shepherd Dog
- Giant Schnauzer
- Great Swiss Mountain Dog
- Icelandic Sheepdog
- Kerry Blue Terrier
- Norwegian Buhund (effective 1/1/09)
- Old English Sheepdog
- Pembroke Welsh Corgi
- Polish Lowland Sheepdog
- Pyrenean Shepherd (effective 1/1/09)
- Shetland Sheepdog
- Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier (effective 1/1/11)
- Standard Schnauzer
- Swedish Vallhund
* Foundation Stock Service Breeds
- Appenzeller Sennenhunde
- Australian Kelpies (effective 3/12/14)
- Belgian Laekenois
- Bergamasco (effective 1/1/11)
- Berger Picard (effective 7/1/09)
- Catahoula Leopard Dog (effective 1/1/11)
- Czechoslovakian Vlcaks (effective 1/1/11)
- Dutch Shepherd (effective 4/1/12)
- Lancashire Heeler (effective 7/1/09)
- Miniature American Shepherd
- Portuguese Sheepdog (effective 9/1/12)
- Spanish Water Dog
- Schapendoes (effective 7/1/08)
- Slovensky Cuvac (effective 1/1/11)
- Swedish Lapphund (effective 1/1/11)
* May compete for suffix titles only
- Dogs of these breeds recorded with the Purebred Alternative Listing Program/Indefinite Listing Privilege (PAL/ILP) or dogs with Conditional registration are eligible to participate.
- Spayed and neutered dogs are eligible to participate.
- Monorchid or cryptorchid males are eligible to participate.
- Bitches in season are eligible to participate.
- Lame, blind or deaf dogs may not participate.
- Dogs with Limited Registration are eligible to participate.